Anxiety is a psychological disorder characterized by excessive uneasiness and apprehension. It is often associated with compulsive behavior or panic attacks.
Some of the most common physical symptoms of anxiety include headaches, insomnia, muscle tension, fatigue, excessive sweating and concentration difficulty.
What are the Causes of Anxiety and Panic Attack?
The exact cause of anxiety and panic attack is still a subject of study and research by medical and health science. But based on observation and experience, these factors appear to play a role in the development of the disorder.
People with a family history of anxiety have higher chances of acquiring this condition and passing it on down the line.
This includes the death of a loved one, loss of a job, divorce, pressures at work or school, bill payment deadlines, credit card debt, and other stressful situations.
3. Drug Addiction
Addiction to drugs and other substances like caffeine, alcohol and nicotine is known to contribute to the development of anxiety. Withdrawal from these can also trigger the same condition.
There are many ways to combat anxiety, but one of the safest and less expensive ways to alleviate it is through yoga. Instead of using drugs which carry the possibility of side effects, people practice yoga to find relief.
Here’s the way to treat anxiety with yoga:
1. Lie on your back. Put a pillow under your knees and place your arms at your sides with your palms facing up.
2. Close your eyes. Relax and release the tensions from your entire body.
3. Slowly inhale and imagine that you are surrounded by air that’s full of energy.
4. Imagine that your body is absorbing the energy that surrounds you.
5. Exhale slowly. As you release air, imagine the tension draining away from your body as you breathe out.
6. Repeat the entire process for at least five minutes.