Water is life. Every living creature needs water.
We are 75 percent water. Every single cell in our body needs water to be able to function normally. We may be able to survive for a month without food, but it only takes us three days to survive without water.
Here are the basic functions of water in your system:
1. It hydrates your brain cells to help you concentrate well
2. It regulates your body temperature
3. It helps to flush wastes and toxins out of your body
4. It provides lubrication to your joints
5. It helps to dissolve the nutrients in the body and deliver them to the cells
6. It helps to maintain the moisture of your mouth eyes and nose.
How much water does your body need?
An average person needs at least eight glasses of water every day. But this amount should increase depending on your activity and the climate of your location. So when you’re located in an arid place or when you’re engaged in physical activity in which you sweat a lot, you should increase your water intake.
People who are suffering from fever, vomiting or diarrhea should take plenty of water in order to keep their bodies hydrated.
Aside from its major functions, water offers a lot more benefits to keep you fit.
1. It helps to reduce your weight a lot easier
2. It helps to regulate your body temperature while you burn fat when you work out
3. It helps to keep you skin young looking
4. It plays an important role in your body’s detoxification process
5. It provides hydration to your brain to optimize your mental energy and concentration
6. It promotes digestion and enhances elimination
7. It helps to lessen your risk of getting a heart attack
8. It helps to decrease pain in your joints and muscles
9. Water is involved in almost every process of the body, including gaining weight and building muscles naturally.