Soursop is a small tropical American evergreen tree that bears large spiny heart-shaped fruits with tart edible pulp. It is popular in the tropics not only for its sweet acidic taste but also for its medicinal properties.
Here are the most popular health benefits of soursop:
1. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and other nutrients.
Soursop is packed with B vitamins, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, dietary fiber, healthy fats, carbohydrates and protein. This nutrients help to make this fruit ideal for snacks and in-between meals.
2. It helps to eliminate head lice and provide relief from respiratory and digestion problems.
You can use the decoction of soursop leaves to kill head lice and bed bugs. You can also use it as tea to treat gall bladder issues, coughs, dysentery, fever, indigestion, and inflammation of the respiratory tract. Soursop tea also contains properties that are able to eliminate internal parasites.
3. It can help to treat skin problems.
You can use mashed soursop leaves as a poultice to treat eczema and other skin problems. You can also use it to speed up the healing of wounds, cuts, and skin eruptions.
4. It can help to provide relief from poisoning.
People who know the many uses of soursop use its root bark as an antidote for poisoning.
5. It can help to alleviate inflammation.
You can use a decoction of soursop leaves as compresses to relive inflammation and swollen feet.
6. It helps to prevent leg cramps.
Soursop is rich in potassium which is essential in the prevention of leg cramps.
7. It helps to provide your body with energy.
Soursop is loaded with B vitamins and thiamine that play an essential role in the body’s production of.
8. It helps to nourish pregnant mothers and their unborn children.
Soursop is rich in folate which plays a big role in the healthy development of fetuses and their mothers. This substance is an important element in the body’s efficient production of red blood cells. It helps to slow down brain aging and it works to combat depression.
9. It helps to prevent anemia.
Soursop is packed with iron which is essential for preventing iron deficiency anemia.
10. It helps to prevent headaches.
Soursop contains riboflavin or vitamin B2 which can help to prevent migraines and other common types of headaches.
You cannot underestimate this spiky, ugly-looking fruit. It has plenty of health benefits that can help to keep you free from diseases.