Oranges are round, juicy citrus fruits which are known for their high concentration of vitamin C. They also contain plenty of dietary fiber, Thiamine, Folate, Potassium, and hesperidin, a flavanone that helps to fight inflammation and lower cholesterol.
Oranges are one of the most popular fruits in the world. They are consumed for their delicious taste and nutritional value.
Here are some of the most popular health benefits of oranges:
1. They help to improve your digestion process.
Oranges contain dietary fiber which helps to optimize the health and functions of your digestive system. Its ability to stimulate the secretion of digestive juices plays a big role in the digestive process. Eating oranges can help to provide your body with its dietary fiber needs.
2. They help to provide natural moisture to your skin.
The peel of oranges contains natural oil which can help to provide moisture to your skin to keep it looking young and glowing.
After eating your orange, you can use its peel on your skin to give it a healthy glow. Rub the peel directly on your face or any other part of your body. Dig your nails to the orange peel to extract its juice. Keep on rubbing until the orange peel becomes black in color.
After rubbing your skin, wait for 15 – 30 minutes before washing your skin (or face) with cold water. But be sure to do this at night as the citric acid of the orange peel makes your skin sensitive to sunlight.
3. They help to fight cancer.
Oranges are packed with vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant that protects you from the harmful effects of free radicals. These can cause damage to your cells. Cellular damage can lead to degenerative diseases such as cancer and other ailments.
4. They help to treat skin diseases.
Aside from their ability to keep your skin looking young and glowing, oranges also help to protect your skin from acne, eczema and fungal infections. They also contain Beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant which protects your skin cells from damage.
5. Oranges contain Limonoids, a phytochemical which helps to protect you from oral, stomach, lung, skin, and breast cancer.
6. Eating oranges helps to prevent the formation of kidney stones.
7. Oranges contain vitamin A, another potent antioxidant which helps to promote eye health.
8. They help to boost your immune system and make you more resistant to disease causing organisms.
9. They contain hesperidin, a flavanone with anti-inflammatory and cholesterol lowering properties that help to keep you protected from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and high blood pressure.
10. They help to prevent the formation of kidney stones.
11. They contain vitamin B1 (Thiamine) which helps to convert blood sugar into energy.