The health benefits of laughter are shared by people who have a happy disposition in life.
Laughter is an infectious condition that binds people in a happy state. This state, which triggers the activation of the immune system, is also an energy booster. It helps to reduce pain and it protects you from the harmful effects of stress. Laughter is the best medicine – and it’s free.
Tensions and conflicts are easily resolved if humor is included in the process to resolve them. Tight situations are loosened by a good laugh. Laughter brings hope, promotes healthy relationships, keeps you at the present and makes you physically and mentally alert.
Laughter can do so much to keep your physical and emotional well-being in good shape.
Here are some of the reasons why laughter is beneficial to your health:
– It makes your whole body relaxed for up to 45 minutes;
– It helps to improve your immune system because it lessens the secretion of stress hormones and increases your antibodies;
– It triggers the secretion of endorphins, a brain chemical that triggers the feeling of natural high and a good sense of well-being. Endorphins can also help to temporarily relieve pain;
– Laughter exercises your heart and helps it to improve the blood flow in your body. This can help to prevent heart attacks and other heart ailments;
– It helps to lower blood pressure and increase the amount of oxygen in your blood;
– It is a good exercise for diaphragm, back and face muscles;
– It helps to improve mental alertness, memory and creativity;
– It helps to fight stress by reducing the secretion of stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline.
Here are some things you can do to bring laughter to your day:
1. Be around people with a sense of humor 2. Watch comedy movies, cartoons or read a humorous book 3. Read or tell jokes or watch humorous TV programs 4. Play humorous CDs or view humorous videos on YouTube 5. Play with children 6. Hang out with friends and re-live humorous experiences with them.
When you laugh, you can actually help others deal with their own situations when they laugh with you. So laugh at every opportunity, there’s always humor in every situation.