Coconut water is the clear liquid found inside the young fruits of the coconut palm which grows abundantly in tropical countries. It is a natural beverage that helps to hydrate and revitalize your body because it is loaded with essential electrolytes and vitamins.
People have enjoyed the freshness of coconut water for thousands of years, but it is only recently that its nutritional value has been recognized.
Recent studies have shown that water from young coconuts has plenty of health benefits. Aside from its naturally sweet and refreshing taste, it can also help to boost your health in the following ways:
1. It helps to promote the health of your urinary tract and prevent the occurrence of urinary tract infections.
2. It helps to maintain the normal function of your digestive system. It is also known to effectively eliminate intestinal parasites.
3. It helps to boost the immune system. It also helps your body to defend itself against common illnesses such as cold and influenza.
4. Coconut water helps to increase your potassium levels because it is rich in potassium, a mineral which plays a major role in plenty of your body’s functions.
5. It also helps to maintain the health of your intestines and colon because of its fiber content. Each cup of coconut water contains 2.5 grams of fiber.
6. It helps to protect your kidneys from kidney stones. Recent studies also suggest that coconut water has some distinct properties which can naturally dissolve kidney stones.
7. Lauric acid which is one of the useful components of coconut water is an effective agent that helps your body to flush out toxins. This acid is also known to have a positive effect on women who are in the menopausal stage.
8. Coconut water is a very effective hydration agent. This is the reason why this is also called “nature’s Gatorade.” It can also help to restore moisture to skin that has gone dry.
9. It helps to nourish your body by assisting it in delivering much needed nutrients and oxygen to your cells.
10. It helps to maintain your normal blood pressure.
11. Coconut water does not contain fat and its carbohydrate is very low it cannot cause a negative effect on your blood glucose levels. It is also very low in natural sugar which makes it safer than other sweetened drinks.
12. Recent studies also suggest that coconut water can help to prevent headaches, muscle cramping and fatigue.