Broth is a soup which consists of simmered meat, vegetables chunks and often rice cooked in stock. It is used as an ingredient in many foods. It contains plenty of vitamins and minerals because it is made up of healthy and natural ingredients which include beef bones, beef scraps, vegetables, water and herbs. It is low in fat and calories and it is very easy on the budget because its ingredients are cheap.
Here are some of the known health benefits of broth:
1. It contains plenty of vitamins and minerals that work together to promote overall health.
Aside from being delicious as a food ingredient or simply eating it as it is, broth can help to provide you with the essential nutrients that you body needs.
2. It helps to facilitate healing of gastrointestinal disorders, hyperacidity, colitis, crohn’s disease and infant diarrhea.
3. Broth is hydrophilic in nature and it helps to facilitate digestion of other foods such as grains, beans, legumes and vegetable, and meats. It is also rich in gelatin and collagen which help to promote healing of the joints.
4. It helps to rid your body from toxins. It is loaded with amino acids glycine, proline, hydroxyproline and lysine which you body needs to flush out unwanted toxins that can be harmful to your health.
5. It helps to energize your muscles and joints with its load of glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate and hyaluronic acid.
6. It helps to boost your immune system.
7. It is low in fat and carbohydrate content.
8. It is rich in calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, sodium, potassium and sulfur. These minerals work together to give you healthy bones and teeth.
Many early cultures that do not include dairy products such as milk in their diet get their sources of calcium and other minerals from broth.
You should include broth as part of your regular diet because of its health benefits, flavor, ease of preparation and cost-effectiveness.