Circulation refers to the continual flow of blood from the heart to all the parts of the body and back to the heart again. It’s a cycle that stops only in death.
When circulation problems occur, health problems such as diabetes, heart failure and other serious complications begin.
One of the ways to obtain an efficient circulation is to ensure that your blood vessels are free from debris that obstructs the free flow of blood to your cells and tissues.
Some of the things that contribute to poor circulation include smoking, poor nutrition, stress, lack of exercise and poor eating habits. These things need to be addressed before they can become a problem to your health.
Here are some tips which can help you improve your circulation naturally:
1. Avoid refined carbohydrates and stick to a low glycemic diet. Eating healthy foods with low glycemic index helps to keep you away from heart disease and diabetes.
2. Take vitamin supplements that improve circulation such as vitamin C with bioflavonoids, B complex, calcium, magnesium and omega 3 fish oil. All these are good for your heart which is the main organ that makes circulation possible.
3. Do physical exercises or engage in physical activity for a minimum of 30 minutes a day. This will help to maintain a healthy circulatory system.
4. Avoid smoking, and quit if you’re on it. Smoking is one of the main causes of poor circulation.
5. Avoid bad fats. They are not good for your heart and your overall health because they can’t dissolve in water or blood. Bad fats are contained in direct animal, butter and margarine.
Substitute bad fats with good fats. Foods which are rich in good fats include olive oil, soyabean oil, sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, canola oil and groundnut oil.
6. Drink plenty of water to hydrate your body. Drinking at least eight glasses of water a day can help to neutralize the acid that thickens your blood which causes poor circulation near the waste areas.
7. Moving enhances circulation. If your work requires you to sit for long periods, you have to move around every 45 minutes to improve the blood flow in your body.
8. Avoid getting stressed. Take deep breaths to boost oxygen supply to your blood cells. Get a massage or practice relaxation techniques. All of these are known to improve blood circulation which helps to prevent the occurrence of serious diseases.