Positive thinking is a mental attitude that makes the mind develop words and images that promote favorable results. It is a mental state that fosters happiness, joy, health and success in every situation.
Here are some principles that can help to develop a positive outlook in life.
1. If you want to get somewhere, you have to know where you want to go and how to get there. Then never, never, never give up.
2. The secret of life isn't what happens to you, but what you do with what happens to you.
3. Help other people to cope with their problems and your own will be easier to cope with.
4. Never use the word impossible seriously again. Toss it into the verbal wastebasket.
5. Self-trust is the first secret of success. So believe in and trust yourself.
6. Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have.
7. Joy increases as you give it, and diminishes as you try to keep it for yourself. In giving it, you will accumulate a deposit of joy greater than you ever believed possible.
8. How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself – so always think positively.
9. Go at life with abandon; give it all you've got. And life will give all it has to you.
Note: A portion of this article is taken from henna96.blogspot.com with sincere thanks to Mind Booster.