People struggling to move forward in life have probably asked at least once: “what are some best life tips?”
There are tons of answers to these; ask happy and successful people and they can give you 100 ways how to do it. Unfortunately, what worked for these people may not work for you, especially if your circumstances are different. However, you can be a winner in life if you learn how to leverage on these making it your dose of motivation.
So don’t feel too bad about yourself or think that you are unlucky. All of these things in your life happen not to make things worse for you. Every hardship that comes your way exists because you are capable of overcoming them.
Keep reading to learn more about tips for living a happy life!
Happiness is a bumpy roadmap
According to Stat News, the number of people suffering from depression and anxiety rose to 20% in 2020. The sudden peak was associated with the spread of Covid-19 affective adults across the globe.
Life is not as easy as a walk in the park. The path of life is not all pleasure and it is often beset with challenges, and the world is filled with different kinds of people that you have to live with whether you like them or not.
Living with challenges and different personalities is one of the greatest elements that have made life exciting. These are the elements that help us to learn to adapt, grow and become stronger and wiser individuals. So instead of getting discouraged, start facing these difficulties.
Everyone deserves a beautiful life, and sometimes we are not aware that we are our own enemy in our quest to achieve it. We dream and aspire for greater things in life, but we need to live by certain principles in order to live in harmony with the people around us.
Life is a journey and its beauty lies in the scenes and events that we experience every day. You can make your life more beautiful. Here are 30 simple tips that can help to make you enjoy a good life.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk each day and don’t forget to smile while you walk. Start looking at everything that surround you and be thankful that you are able to live in the moment.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes every day. Accept the positive and negative thoughts that flow through your mind. Remember, good things come your way if you learn to accept and move forward.
3. Firt thing to do when you wake up in the morning complete the statement, “My purpose is to … today.” This will serve as a task that will remind you to continue climbing up the ladder. Knowing your purpose for waking up will drive you to be productive each day.
4. Live with the 3 E’s: Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy, and the 3 F’s: Faith, Family, and Friends. Having a mantra is a great way to keep your mind focused on your goals in life.
5. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6. The people you spend your time with will make you understand more things in life. Kids will help you appreciate the little things while older people will inspire you to dream bigger than you already are.
6. Dream more while you are awake. Take advantage of the time you have while you are awake. Dream at the moment as you will be able to take more control over it and make it happen.
7. Try to make at least three people happy each day. This mindset is one of the secret ingredients to living a life happier. Spend time talking to other people; it is not a waste of time. You will never know how much you made other people’s day better by making them smile
8. Know that life is a school and you are here to learn and pass all your tests. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime. It’s hard but knowing that you got past it will make you the happiest.
9. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away. Don’t take everything too seriously; save it for later and just simply rejoice and enjoy.
10. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still great. Doesn’t mean nothing great worked out for you today that nothing great will come out late. Life is full of uncertainty. Instead of focusing on what others have focus on yourself and you’ll not regret the results later on in life.
11. Life is too short to waste time hating on someone. Ignore these people and focus on helping people. Holding a grudge against people you hate will not be beneficial to your overall well-being.
12. Don’t take everything so seriously. There are some things that are meant to make us realize a few lessons in life. But this does not imply that all the things we experience are worth our energy. Spend less time on these and focus your way of thinking on what will make you grow as a person.
13. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagreements. Make it a habit to stop explaining and complaining when other people refuse to listen.
14. Make peace with your past, so it won’t mess up the present. Everyone has a fear that the past will come to haunt them back. However, it will only happen if you continue to hold on to it. Forgive yourself for everything that happened in the past then move on.
15. Don’t compare your life with others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
16. Burn the candles, and use the nice sheets. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
17. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. No one will care most about your life but you. So it is optimal to give time to yourself to have fun.
18. Forgive everyone for everything they did to you. Forgiveness is a simple act of kindness and it is meant to keep you in peace.
19. What other people think of you is none of your business. It is a waste of time to observe people and worry about what’s going through their minds. When you stop caring, you start growing.
20. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time. Take as much time as you need. When you’re ready, get in shape and make sure that you are happier than you were yesterday.
21. However good or bad a situation is; change will come. Motivate yourself to do things that will cultivate your skills. Change does not come on its own; you chase it.
22. Your job won’t take care of you when you get sick. Your friends will stay in touch. So have a break from worth and catch up with your friend. It is also good for your mental health.
23. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful. The way to get satisfaction is to ask yourself whether you still need the things in your possession. If you feel like you don’t need it anymore, give it to someone else that will be happy to have it.
24. The best is yet to come… so believe. Take the time you need to build your foundation for success. To believe means to trust yourself and that you can also do it.
25 No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up. Stay confident about yourself and maintain eye contact.
26. Do the right thing! Want to achieve something better than success? Live life righteously and stick to your principles.
27. Call your family often. Keep in touch with your relatives. They are always there to listen since day one.
28. Before going to bed complete the following statements: “I am thankful for…” – “Today I accomplished…” Don’t let yourself go to sleep upset about not feeling great about your important tasks. Be grateful that things still went well and continue pushing forward the next day.
29. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed. It is more fulfilling if you spend an amount of time knowing you did great every day.
30. Enjoy the ride. Life is like a rollercoaster. You can be on top or down. You can be happy or sad. But no matter where you are or what you are feeling, take the moment and continue to seize the opportunities coming your way.
These are the 30 ways to help you build a happy life. We hope that you enjoyed reading it and don’t forget to apply these tips to help you experience a beautiful life.
Want more better life tips? Check out our mind boosters blog for more.