Feeling tired at work or at school lately? Why not try having snacks that gives energy to keep you going for the rest of the day?
The most common snacks are made to temporarily remove hunger pangs but they don’t contain the nutritional value that could sustain you with the energy you need. But if you are conscious about the health benefits of the foods you eat, even snack foods can be beneficial and some of them can give you sustained physical and mental energy – if you choose the ones which are loaded with nutrients.
In this article, we will give you three energy boosting snacks that can sustain power:
1. Almond butter on celery sticks
These two sound like a new combination to your ears and you may be skeptical of its taste. But believe us when we tell you it has an out of this world taste.
Now what are the benefits of this snack to you? There’s a lot to talk about, so let’s start with almonds first.
Almonds are a rich natural source of Vitamin E, fiber, iron, magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids. And if you don’t know yet, fiber is an amazing nutrient which works to keep you away from digestion problems. High fiber meals can also help to lower bad cholesterol levels, keep your heart in good health and promote weight loss.
Meanwhile, Omega-3 is an efficient brain booster which also works to improve your mood and protects you from depression. It is also good for your heart and it helps to improve your vision, lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels and eliminate joint pain.
Celery is a low calorie food which is high in fiber and it has the ability to give you a prolonged feeling of fullness. This means that it can keep you away from feeling slump while in the process of accomplishing your work. It also contains vitamins B6, C and K, calcium and folate.
All of these vitamins work hand-in-hand to help keep your blood sugar levels normal. So, the next time you’re at a loss for what to make, try this less hassle and easy-to-prepare snack.
2. Chopped Walnut, apple and cinnamon mix
If you wanted to add twist to your breakfast, try this one.
It is no question that walnut, apple and cinnamon are packed with essential nutrients all on their own. However, mixing them all together gives you not only a tasty snack but it also provides you with nutritional benefits that will keep you energized all day long.
For instance, apples are healthy snacks which are rich in vitamins A, C, E and K. They are also loaded with fiber which helps to keep your digestive track and colon healthy. Studies have also shown that eating apples regularly reduces cancer, heart disease and diabetes risk.
Walnuts, on the other hand, are loaded with energy-boosting protein, omega-3, vitamin E, phenols and flavonoids. Eating walnuts can also improve your brain function keeping you alert and focused throughout the day.
Add flavor to the mix by adding cinnamon and a little apple cider vinegar. Cinnamon is known for its ability to stabilize blood sugar levels of the body. Additionally, according to BBC Good Food, it has anti-viral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that protect us from infection.
3. Hummus, cucumber and olive
Maintaining your energy level is especially important if you work out. Apart from this, you must also pay attention to what snacks you are eating to maintain your muscle mass. With that in mind, it is essential to consume a snack that will boost not only your energy, but also protein levels.
So if you are in search for this kind of snack, hummus, cucumber and olive combination is perfect for you.
Hummus is made from mashed chickpeas which are blended with tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt. It is high in protein and fiber, amino acids, omega-3 and several B vitamins. These are important substances that help to sustain energy and to support muscle strength.
Cucumber is an alkaline food which is high in water content which is beneficial to keeping you hydrated. This fruit is also packed with vitamin K that is responsible in strengthening the bones. It is also loaded with antioxidants that work to eliminate free radicals which are the common causes of early aging, heart disease and cancer.
Olives are a good source of monounsaturated fats and antioxidants which work to provide flavor and richness to the mix aside from their ability to give you sustained physical and mental energy levels. Have an endless source of energy with this high protein snack.
Healthy habits to increase energy levels
Now sustaining and increasing energy levels are not only limited to eating high energy snacks. There are many healthy habits to consider that can help boost your energy levels.
Listed below are 10 habit you should keep in mind to give you energy that will last for a day:
1. Eat breakfast. To give you energy, make sure you have a healthy breakfast that will help sustain it throughout the day.
2. Eat healthy meals. Throughout the day, eat healthy meals that are balanced and nutritious. This will help ensure you have sustained energy levels.
3. Avoid sugary foods and drinks. These can cause spikes and crashes in your energy levels, so it is best to avoid them altogether.
4. Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is essential for keeping your energy levels up, so make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day.
5. Avoid caffeine. Although it may give you a short-term boost, caffeine can actually lead to fatigue in the long run. So it is best to avoid it if possible.
6. Get regular exercise. Exercise not only helps to improve your overall fitness and health, but can also help increase your energy levels.
7. Get enough sleep. Making sure you get enough sleep each night is crucial for sustaining energy levels throughout the day.
8. Manage stress. Stress can drain your energy levels, so it is important to find ways to manage it effectively.
9. Take breaks. There’s a reason you are low on energy, so it only makes sense for you to take a break to replenish it.
10. Drink you multivitamins. Taking supplements regularly are important to fill in the gaps or any deficiency in you health.
Who said they don’t need to have a snack to get through the day?
Snacks can temporarily relieve hunger, but most of them do not carry the nutritional value that can sustain your body’s energy requirements. Choose the right foods for your next snack and get their real value by enjoying their multiple health benefits. These can help to keep the doctor away.
Always keep in mind that to boost your energy, you need to find snacks that can provide a sustainable energy. Among the snacks that can do this are almond butter on celery sticks, chopped Walnut, apple and cinnamon mix and hummus, cucumber and olive.
These are high-energy snacks that can keep you energized throughout the day. Discover more about energizing snacks and its health benefits by checking out our food blog posts.