Detoxification is the process of removing toxic substances from the body.
You may not be aware of it, but your body is constantly detoxifying itself everyday. When you exhale, perspire or go to the bathroom to empty your bowels or your bladder, your body is actually expelling harmful waste and toxins.
Your body’s detoxification process actually starts from the cells because it is where toxins accumulate constantly. This is being done by your liver, kidneys, spleen and lymphatic system. Once the toxins are expelled from your cells, your body’s major cleansing organs such as your kidneys, colon, skin and lungs finish the job by ejecting the toxins together with the body’s wastes.
Your cleansing organs need to stay healthy so that they can function normally. To do this, you need to nourish them or do some activities that help them make their jobs easier.
Here are some tips that can help you detoxify your body naturally:
1. Eat foods which are rich in quality protein and essential fatty acids. These substances help to make your cells healthy. They can be obtained from nuts, whole grains, olive oil and omega-3 fish oil.
2. Drink plenty of clean, pure water which can help to flush out the toxins from your body. Your body needs at least eight cups of water everyday. You should also take note that pure water can not be substituted by softdrinks, coffee, tea or alcoholic beverages.
3. Eat fiber rich foods to improve bowel movement. Fresh greens and raw fruit also contain antioxidants which do a lot to prevent the accumulation of toxins in your system.
4. Exercise regularly. Engaging in daily physical activity improves circulation and oxygen supply to your cells. It also helps to burn fat and remove toxins from your body through sweat.
5. You can also induce sweating by engaging in other activities like sauna and taking warm baths with Epsom salts.
6. Massage can also stimulate your skin to detoxify naturally. Massaging the skin activates the lymphatic system to do its natural detoxification job. In order to boost the detoxification process, drink water after massaging your skin. Another natural method that stimulates the skin to detox is dry brushing.
7. Minimize your intake of toxins by eating organic foods and avoiding food additives, bad fats, drugs, sugar and stimulants. Do not expose yourself to environmental chemicals.
8. Take supplements to fortify your body’s detoxification system. Vitamins A, B complex, C and E can greatly help to strengthen your body’s cleansing ability.
9. Deep breathing exercises also help to release toxic carbon dioxide from your system. It also gives a good supply of oxygen to your brain and blood cells to keep you physically and mentally alert.
10. Avoid stressful thoughts and situations. Think positive. Be aware that negative thoughts and feelings can trigger the release of chemicals which can be harmful to your brain.