Your eye muscles are just like the other muscles of your body. They also need exercise. But we often neglect this because we do not know that this is necessary. We only move our eye muscles when we shift our gaze from one direction to another.
Eye exercises help to strengthen eye muscles, prevent eyestrain and enhance vision. You should do it on a regular basis. It can help to keep your eyes in top shape.
These are the yoga eye exercises that you need to practice to get strong eye muscles:
1. Look up then look down.
2. Look to the far right then look to the far left.
3. Look diagonally to the left then look diagonally to the right.
4. Now move your eyeballs in a circular motion. Start at the 12:00 o’clock position and move your eyeballs slowly in a clockwise direction for two rounds. Add three more rounds on a faster motion.
5. Repeat step 4 in a counter clockwise direction.
6. Hold your thumb up at a distance of about one foot away from your face and shift your focus from your eyes to the wall and back to your thumb.
There is another yoga eye exercise that we would like to share to you. Here are the procedures.
1. Eye Relaxation
1. Close your eyes as tightly as you can for a few seconds then open them quickly and blink five times.
2. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for about one minute. Open your eyes and let it focus on an object. Close your eyes again and breath deeply, visualizing the object in your mind. You can do this exercise while you are sitting or lying on your back. This exercise is not only meant for your eyes, it is also intended to relax you and improve your concentration.
2. Eye Muscle strengthening
1. Close your eyes and roll your eyeballs in a clockwise direction for about a minute.
2. Open your eyes and look up as far as you can without moving your head for about two seconds.
3. Look downward at the tip of your nose. After a few seconds, bring your eyeballs back to their normal position.
These are some of the eye exercises that can help to strengthen your eye muscles and improve your eyesight. They are very easy and you can do them even if you are not engaged in yoga practice.
About the Author: The Energize Team is comprised of Sam Green, a health conscious super blogger, and his tireless staff who's main purpose is to provide useful and helpful information to the public. Leading a healthy and happy life begins with knowledge and learning. They hope to have visitors apply what they learn here in their everyday lives.