Green superfoods or whole foods are among the best foods in the world. They contain complete nutritional value that can sustain man’s dietary and health needs.
These superfoods are not uncommon because they thrive in most places on earth. They have helped to sustain man for millions of years.
Here are some of the health benefits of green superfoods:
1. They help to fight free radicals.
Green superfoods are rich in antioxidants that help to protect your body from the harmful effects of free radicals.
Free radicals are by-products of your body’s normal metabolic processes, but they play a major role in the damage of your cells. This can lead to early aging and the development of serious ailments like cancer.
2. They help to protect your body from toxic metals.
Green superfoods contain large amounts of chlorophyll which has a chelating or metal-cleansing action in the body.
The advent of industrialization has triggered the rise of human exposure to toxic chemicals to more than a thousand times as compared to the days of the primitive man. This exposes the modern man to serious health risks.
Some of the most common toxic chemicals that can bring serious health problems include mercury, lead, cadmium, aluminum, antimony, bismuth, barium, uranium, arsenic and copper.
3. They have blood thinning properties which help to prevent blood clots.
Aside from their ability to prevent blood clots, the blood thinning properties of green superfoods also help to lighten the burden of the heart in pumping blood throughout the body. This translates to improved circulation which can lead to better physical and mental performance.
4. Other important benefits of green superfoods include:
– They require less energy to digest;
– They help to enhance memory and learning ability;
– They help to boost the immune system;
– They help to provide energy, stamina and endurance;
– They promote better sleep and good rest;
Some of the most popular green superfoods include wheatgrass, barley grass, alfalfa, spinach, spirulina, and chlorella.