Multivitamins are over the counter diet supplements which are loaded with vitamins and minerals. They are often intended to make up for a person's dietary vitamin deficiencies.
People with dietary imbalances may benefit from multivitamin supplements. These include those with restrictive diets, pregnant women and people who will not eat nutritious foods.
Multivitamins are considered generally beneficial and harmless. But some of them can be detrimental to your health if they are taken excessively.
Here are some of the important facts you need to know about multivitamins. These will help to give you the maximum benefits that they can deliver.
1. Some vitamins can cause overdose if they are taken excessively. You shouldn't take more than the recommended dose of multivitamins to avoid side effects.
2. You should seek professional advice before attempting to take multiple vitamin products at the same time, as it might result to serious complications.
3. You must be sure of what your multivitamin product contains.
Many multivitamins contain minerals which can cause side effects when taken in large doses. Some of their noted side effects include tooth staining, increased urination, stomach bleeding, uneven heart rate, confusion, and muscle weakness or limp feeling.
Examples of minerals that can cause side effects when taken in excess include calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
4. Do not hesitate to seek medical help if you think that you have taken too much multivitamins. Vitamins that can cause serious complications when taken excessively include vitamins A, D, E, and K.
Some symptoms of vitamin overdose include stomach pain, severe back pain, vomiting, appetite loss, diarrhea, constipation, hair loss and peeling skin.
5. Avoid taking multivitamin supplements with dairy products including milk, antacids that contain calcium, and calcium supplements. Calcium makes it hard for your body to absorb certain ingredients of multivitamins.
6. If you are suffering from any medical conditions, you should seek the advice of a medical or health professional before you take multivitamins. This is to ensure that you are using it to your fullest advantage.
Multivitamins are intended to make up for your nutritional deficiencies. But you need to take only what is recommended otherwise they will not work for you.Tags: maximum benefits, product contains.Many multivitamins, e vitamin, Human Interest, uneven heart rate, restrictive diets
Filed Under: Vitamins
About the Author: The Energize Team is comprised of Sam Green, a health conscious super blogger, and his tireless staff who's main purpose is to provide useful and helpful information to the public. Leading a healthy and happy life begins with knowledge and learning. They hope to have visitors apply what they learn here in their everyday lives.